Buying your dream wedding dress is an exciting time but Corana and social distancing is making that a little bit more challenging. You may come across bridal salons with restricted hours or restrictions on amount of quests who can be in a store at one time. Here are some simple solutions that we have found here locally.
The Hill Bridal Collective (Lace Bridal, Love Curvy & Cincy Bridal) are a collection of bridal salons in the Reading Bridal district that have creative solution to your wedding dress shopping during this time. They are offering virtual consultations. You simply schedule a virtual tour with one of their consultants, they will walk you around their salon and narrow down a selection of gowns with you. They will then send you the selection of wedding dresses you have chosen to your home for you to try on. When I first seen their owner Kelly talking about this on Facebook, I thought to myself this is genius!
Photographer - AJ Studio Photography
Gown - Lace Bridal Couture
Hair & Makeup - Stefani Carol
Flowers & Planner - Dana Renae Designs
Venue - The Phoenix
Jewelry - Richter & Phillips
Now that bridal salons are slowly opening, they will be taking appointments for brides. The space and times will be limited because of social distancing regulations so I encourage you to book your appointments right away. But if you are looking to have your grandmother with a compromised immune system join you or you want more than just a few people present while you try on dresses, you may still opt for the Virtual consult or even creating a video stream for those who want to be present. Please be sure to reach out to your bridal salons to get their suggestions and options.
Once you have made the appropriate plans and appointments to shop for your dream wedding dress, here are some super helpful shopping tips:
1. Shop during the week – weekends are very busy and weekday appointments may be more readily available.
2. Review your salons before you shop – check out their reviews, styles and prices to make sure they fit your budget, are a creditable business who can be trusted and their styles match your vision.
3. A little grace – often brides dresses are larger than your typical size, expect your size 6 to measure a size 10 or more and understand that is just how they run.
4. Shop around – don’t pick the first one, give yourself options and time to think about it. Expect the sale to be final with no exchanges or returns.
5. Keep an open mind and trust your consultant, they will help guide you.
6. Wear pretty undergarments that is ideal for a wedding dress. Such as a strapless bra and no show panties. Remember you are about to get very personal with your bridal consultant and they will be in the dressing room with you.
7. Bring a size heel you intend to wear to help give you an accurate look on the length. It doesn’t matter what the shoe looks like just as long as it is a size heel that feels comfortable to you and you intend to wear on your wedding day.
8. Pack snacks and water. This could be a long day and just having some of this on hand curbs your appetite.
9. Take photos and notes – this a great job to give to your mom or bridesmaids. That way you can go back and visit what you like about each dress and style.
Things to consider:
1. Can you sit down in this dress
2. Is it itchy
3. Do you feel confident in it
4. Confirm the date the dress will be delivered – you’ll want at least 2 months for alterations
5. Payment policy
6. Do they have a seamstress in house or one they recommend
Which of these tips was most helpful to you and what tips do you have brides shopping for their dream wedding dress?